A Wealth of Knowledge
Packaging has been at the forefront of our family run business for many years. With a heritage dating back to 1947 the business was founded by my grandfather and father as Burns Packaging – I joined them in 1978.
The company originally manufactured and supplied Jute, Cotton, Paper and Polythene products to local authorities, building, construction, cleaning and farming industries as well as food manufacturers.
When I took over from my father in 1988 we began supplying various products and packaging to the fast food, restaurant and leisure sectors with an emphasis on offering a total packaging solution encompassing design, print, production, storage, distribution and stock control for our clients. Quickly we began to offer our services to other sectors including hotels, restaurants, entertainment, cinema, music, private members clubs and various retail outlets (clothing, cosmetics, opticians, food, etc).
Clients I have worked with
- Itsu – 2 restaurants and about 50 health-food shops offering low-fat salads, sushi and noodles. Assisted in the design and development of a bespoke range of takeaway packaging including sourcing and supply.
- Jumeirah Carlton Tower Hotel – a 5 star hotel based in Knightsbridge, London. We have been supplying branded packaging for over 15 years, including laminated paper carriers, newspaper bags, laundry/dry cleaning bags and coasters.
- Prezzo – Great food served in over 200 contemporary UK wide restaurants. Following on from our relationship with ASK we assisted Prezzo with sourcing and supplying their packaging.
- Hyatt Regency London Churchill – a luxury 5 star hotel based in the West End of London. We have been supplying plain and branded packaging to the Hyatt Regency for over 10 years.
- Daunt Books – known as one of London’s leading travel and literary chain of bookshops and publishers. We supplied their printed paper bags and carrier bags.
- Everyman Media Group – a chain of cinemas located throughout London and the UK. We provide a cost-effective service in sourcing and supplying packaging, products and equipment to the group.
Sourcing products from the UK, Europe and the Far East we have built up a good working relationship with a broad range of manufacturers that proved themselves to be trustworthy and reliable. The consistency of their quality, service and supply has meant that we still work with most of them to provide packaging solutions for our current clients.
I sold the general business and in 2012 set up a new company, Burpac Limited, specialising in the direct supply, or through distributors, of a range of packaging goods to the restaurant, take-away, leisure and hotel sectors. We also offer a consultancy service on packaging and sourcing with a range of related goods and services.
Recent clients include Hyatt Regency Churchill London, Grosvenor House Hotel, Palomar Restaurants, PPL Music Licensing and Everyman Media Group.
We have always believed in providing a personal service along with quality products and value for money for our clients.
Please call me directly on 0203 637 3560 or email AlecBurns@burpac.co.uk to discuss how we can help your business grow.